Basic Medicine, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Physiology
Advanced Interdisciplinary Biomedical Engineering
Make Next Generation Fetal and Neonatal Medicine Based on the New Science of Cell Differentiation, Development and Growth
- Master / Doctoral Degree
- KIMURA, Yoshitaka
Professor, M.D. Ph.D.
kimuralab*fetalecg.med.tohoku.ac.jp (Please convert "*" into "@".)
- Development of fetal electrocardiogram and fetal heart rate variability analysis from fetal ECG
- The gene expression of fetal development and its adaptation to environment
- The mathematical analysis of gene expression in single cells by using stochastic differential equations
extraction algorithm of fetal electrocardiogram, the abdominal fetal ECG device, gene expression analysis of fetal dysfunction, prevention and treatment of cardiac arrest and brain disorder, mathematical analysis of single-cell gene expression
blind source separation, blind source separation with reference signal, mouse model for diseases, gene expression analysis/protein analysis, stochastic differential equation
Diseases such as autism, juvenile diabetes, asthma in children have increased in recent years. It has been thought that maternal environment during pregnancy is very important for the pathogenesis of those diseases. However, for fetus is in the complex context of development, it is very difficult to clarify the relation between the pathogenesis and fetal conditions.
In addition, it is known that the same protein works greatly variously in developmental stages. In our laboratory, we investigate the gene expressions, gene regulatory networks and physiological responses under several conditions such as hypoxia, infection, undernutrition. We studied the relation between fetal development and its responses to such environmental changes in uterus. Our aims are to find the useful clinical applications to save babies and next generation in uterus.
Figure 1. The actual measurement equipment
Figure 2. The abstract of our experimental systems with model mouse
- 木村芳孝, 八重樫伸生. 病室での計測を可能にした胎児心電図装置の開発. 平成28年度 科学技術分野の文部科学大臣表彰 科学技術賞 開発部門.
- Marzbanrad F, Kimura Y, Funamoto K, Oshio S, Endo M, Sato N, Palaniswami M, Khandoker AH. Model-Based Estimation of Aortic and Mitral Valves Opening and Closing Timings in Developing Human Fetuses. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 20(1): 240-8 (Jan 2016). doi:10.1109/JBHI.2014.236345.
- Iida K, Kimura Y. Mathematical Theory to Compute Stochastic Cellular Processes. Applications + Practical Conceptualization + Mathematics = fruitful Innovation: Proceedings of the Forum of Mathematics for Industry 2014, 11: 117-20. Springer, USA (2015). ISBN 978-4-431-55341-0
- Marzbanrad F, Kimura Y, Palaniswami M, Khandoker AH. Quantifying the Interactions between Maternal and Fetal Heart Rates by Transfer Entropy. PLoS One, 10(12): e0145672 (Dec. 23, 2015). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0145672.
- Dong Y, Kimura Y, Ito T, Velayo C, Sato T, Sugibayashi R, Funamoto K, Hitomi K, Iida K, Endo M, Sato N, Yaegashi N. Vaginal LPS changed gene transcriptional regulation response to ischemic reperfusion and increased vulnerability of fetal brain hemorrhage. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 468(1-2): 228-33 (Dec. 4-11, 2015). doi:10.1016/j.bbrc.2015.10.125.