Basic Medicine, Immunology
To Explore the Immunological Functions of NK and T Cells in Diseases such as Autoimmune, Tumor and Infection.
Medical Sciences Course
- Master / Doctoral Degree
- OGASAWARA, Koetsu
imbio1*idac.tohoku.ac.jp (Please convert "*" into "@".)
- Autoimmune diseases and allergy
- Immune surveillance against tumor and infection
- Dressed NK cells
NK cells, T cells, dressed NK cells, TCR repertoire
image-cytometry, flow-cytometry, next generation sequences, developmental engineering, molecular and cellular biology
Immune system contributes to defense from diseases such as infection and tumors. Natural Killer (NK) cells play important roles in elimination of virally infected cells and tumors. NK cell functions are regulated by the opposing signals from activating or inhibitory receptors. Our laboratory has focused on activating and inhibitory receptors on NK cells and T cells. We will explore that the molecular mechanisms underlying recognition of NK cells and T cells against target cells in viral immunity, tumor immunity and autoimmunity.
Figure 1. NK cell death by dressed NK cells
Figure 2. Identification of pathogenic T cells in metal allergy
- Kawano M, et al. NKG2D+IFN-γ+CD8+ T cells are responsible for palladium allergy. PLoS One ;9(2):e86810, 2014.
- Nakamura K, et al. Fratricide of natural killer cells dressed with tumor-derived NKG2D ligand. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. ; 110 (23): 9421-9426.2013.
- Nakamura K, et al. NK-cell fratricide-Dynamic crosstalk between NK and cancer cells OncoImmunology ; 2:11, e26529. 2013.
- Nakayama M, et al. Inhibitory receptor PIR-B is exploited by Staphylococcus aureus for virulence. J Immunol.; 189 (12): 5903-5911. 2012.
- Nakayama M, et al. NK-dendritic cell interactions generate MHC class II-dressed NK cells that regulate CD4+ T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.; 108 (45): 18360-18365. 2011.