Disaster Public Health
To solve medical problems after Mega-Disaster
Medical Sciences Course
- Master / Doctoral Degree
- KURIYAMA, Shinichi
Professor, M.D. Ph.D.
kuriyama*med.tohoku.ac.jp (Please convert "*" into "@".)
- To Monitor the person’s health after Mega-Disaster
- Care for the person’s health after Mega-Disaster
- To Minimize health problems in the next-coming Mega-Disaster
Mega-Disaster, health problems, public health, intervention study, next-coming disaster
cohort study, monitoring health status, questionnaire, Nation-wide survey, intervention
We conduct cohort studies to monitor and improve person’s health in the affected area after the great east Japan Earthquake.
1.Our division has collaboration with Tohoku Medical Megabank Organization. We conduct Three-Generation cohort study and the long-term community child health survey in Miyagi Prefecture.
2.We have developed brochures which indicates the importance of receiving medical services to patients, especially children, with allergic diseases.
3.We assess the developmental curves of children in the affected area using data of health check-ups conducted by local governments.
4.We assess mold and mite in temporary dwelling and investigate the association between these status and allergic symptoms.
5.We aim to minimize the health problems in the next-coming Mega-Disaster.
Figure 1.Nationwide Nursery School Survey on Child Health
Figure 2.The Kakegawa Cohort Study
- Ohuchi N, et al. Sensitivity and specificity of mammography and adjunctive ultrasonography to screen for breast cancer in the Japan Strategic Anti-cancer Randomized Trial (J-START): a randomized controlled trial. Lancet 2015. pii: S0140-6736(15)00774-6.
- Nagasaki M, et al. ToMMo Japanese Reference Panel Project, Yamamoto M. Rare variant discovery by deep whole-genome sequencing of 1,070 Japanese individuals. Nat Commun. 2015;6:8018.
- Kikuya M, et al. Protocol and Research Perspectives of the ToMMo Child Health Study after the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2015;236:123-30.
- Nishigori H, et al. Correlation Between the Great East Japan Earthquake and Postpartum Depression: A Study in Miyako, Iwate, Japan. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2015;9:307-12.
- Hasegawa J, et al. Change in and long-term investigation of neuro-otologic disorders in disaster-stricken Fukushima prefecture: retrospective cohort study before and after the Great East Japan Earthquake. PLoS One. 2015;10:e0122631.