Personalized Prevention and Epidemiology
We are Investigating the Relationship between Combination of Genetic and Environmental Factors and Diseases to Protect Community Health
Medical Sciences Course
- Master / Doctoral Degree
- HOZAWA, Atsushi
Professor, M.D. Ph.D.
hozawa-thk*umin.ac.jp (Please convert "*" into "@".)
- Tohoku Medical Megabank Community-Based Cohort Study
- Health impact of the Great East Japan Earthquake in community
- Gene-environment interaction with lifestyle-related diseases
community based cohort study, health impact of the Great Eastern Japan Earthquake, gene, life-style, gene-environment interaction
cohort studies, epidemiology, statistics
Main work of the division of personalized prevention and epidemiology is collecting information on community health after East-Japan Earthquake. We are now establishing Tohoku Medical Megabank Community-Based Cohort Study. Our objectives are to clarify the health impact of the Great East Japan Earthquake in community, and to clarify gene-environment interaction with lifestyle-related diseases.
Figure 1. Scene of Community Based Cohort Study recruitment
- Hozawa A. Attributable fractions of risk factors for cardiovascular diseases. J Epidemiol. 2011;21(2):81-6.- Miyagawa N(1st) , Hozawa A (9th),et zl; NIPPON DATA80 Research Group. Long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids intake and cardiovascular disease mortality risk in Japanese: a 24-year follow-up of NIPPON DATA80. Atherosclerosis. 2014 Feb;232(2):384-9Nakaya N. Effect of psychosocial factors on cancer risk and survival. J Epidemiol. 2014;24(1):1-6.
- Shibata K, Hozawa A（2nd）, Nakamura T(5th),et al. Yamagata University Genomic Cohort Consortiuma. The confounding effect of cryptic relatedness for environmental risks of systolic blood pressure on cohort studies. Mol Genet Genomic Med. 2013; 1(1):45-53
- Tsuchiya N, et al. Incidence and predictors of regimen-modification from first-line antiretroviral therapy in Thailand: a cohort study. BMC Infect Dis. 2014 Oct 30;14(1):565