Genetic Epidemiology Research Support
Challenge for Developing Disease Prevention and Therapy that Use Personal Genetic Information
Medical Sciences Course
- Master / Doctoral Degree
- Education of genomic medicine and promotion of individualized medicine
- Genetic epidemiology of allergic diseases
- Molecular and genetic dissection of allergic diseases
genomic medicine, allergic disease, genetic epidemiology, molecular genetics, asthma model mice
genetic analysis, genetic epidemiology, molecular genetics, disease model mouse
The followings are our research theme:
"Development of tools for education of human genetics, clinical genetics, and genomic medicine"
Creating textbook for human genetics
Creating visual materials to help understanding human and clinical genetics
Creating video drama to understand genetic counseling and genetic diseases
Developing toys and games for education of genetics
"Genetic epidemiology of allergic diseases"
Genetic variation and risk for allergic diseases
Molecular analysis of airway epithelial cells
Investigation of asthma psychopathology using mouse models
"Molecular analysis of biotin related disorders"
"Developing a strategy for informing large-cohort participants of their genetic variations"
Figure 1. MMP12 gene variations and asthma
Figure 2. TBXA2R haplotype and lung function
- Functional variants in the thromboxane A2 receptor gene are associated with lung function in childhood-onset asthma. CEA 43, 413, 2013
- Association study of matrix metalloproteinase-12 gene polymorphisms and asthma in a Japanese population. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 160, 287, 2012